Who Uses Bing?
There are people using Bing?
While it’s easy to assume that everyone is using Google, statistics show us that Bing has a substantial number of users and a growing market share (particularly in the US).
Consider the following figures (source)
- There are more than 133 million unique searches on Bing.
- In the US, more than 34% of desktop searches are on Bing.
- 5 billion monthly searches are conducted on Bing.
Data also shows that the average Bing user is over 34, so if you are targeting an older audience, Bing could be a clever way to attract new traffic to your site.
Even more interesting is that over a third of bing users have a household income of more than $100,000.
Why Bing Ads Are Worth It
If you haven’t considered using Bing Ads, you could be missing out on some profitable leads. In our digital marketing agency, we wouldn’t use Bing Ads in isolation from Google AdWords, but we do use them to good effect for many of our clients. Depending on the industry, we have found that Bing Ads can be far more economical and produce better results than Google.
Here are a few reasons to consider Bing Ads as part of your digital marketing campaign. (source)
- Less Competition – Put simply, there are fewer people advertising on Bing so it’s less likely your ad will be lost in a sea of similar ads.
- Low Cost-Per-Click – The average cost-per-click on Bing is 42% less than Google. In other words, it costs less than half to run an ad on Bing than it does on AdWords meaning a much higher return on investment.
- Higher Click-Through Rate – In addition to a lower cost-per-click, the click-through rate (CTR) for Bing Ads is much higher than Google. Why? Most likely because of better ad placement.
As you can see from these impressive results, it may be worth looking a little deeper into Bing Ads to see how your business might benefit.
Digital Marketing in Nowra
While these results are impressive and can be used to great effect for your business, it’s worth enlisting the services of a local digital marketing agency. Whether you choose Google, Bing or both, each platform needs to be treated differently and results carefully monitored to determine which network is best for your business. Get in touch with the PPC specialists at Nowra Web Designer to discuss your business goals.